ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Where can I find the downloadable TSM 5.5 documentation?

2008-01-16 09:24:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Where can I find the downloadable TSM 5.5 documentation?
From: "Strand, Neil B." <NBStrand AT LMUS.LEGGMASON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:17:32 -0500
Roger,
You could put your documentation as well as the server and client
binaries, special tape drivers and an ssh client on a USB drive to plug
into your laptop and have everything immediately available during
recovery.

Encrypt everything on the thumb drive with TrueCrypt (or some other
encryption product) to protect your secrets.  You can get 4GB thumb
drives for less than 50 bucks each.  Get a few to periodically update
and rotate with your offsite media or give to each designated recovery
person and let them keep it up to date.

Save the paper to write down your pizza and doughnut preferences during
your recovery efforts.

Cheers,
Neil Strand
Storage Engineer - Legg Mason
Baltimore, MD.
(410) 580-7491
Whatever you can do or believe you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic.