ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Trying to download the ADSM-L archive

2007-05-01 09:52:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Trying to download the ADSM-L archive
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 08:07:27 -0400
On May 1, 2007, at 4:18 AM, Curtis Preston wrote:

The problem with the listserv get command is that it blocks me at
16 MB
a day.  At this rate, it's going to take a few weeks to get the
archive.
Can anyone help speed up the process?

In the big picture, what is it you are trying to accomplish?
From what Shawn found, you are attempting to create another copy of the
ADSM-L archives at www.backupcentral.com.  As noted in ADSM QuickFacts,
we already have at least four ADSM-L archive sites: is there a
compelling
reason for another?

If I can get access to the ADSM-L archive in text format, I should be
able to import it the way I did with the other two lists.  I sent a
message to the adsm.org webmaster last night and am waiting on a
reply.

ADSM.org is just a secondary list archive site - and an unresponsive one
at that.  You would be better off talking to the administrator of the
list hosting site, Marist.

  Richard Sims     http://people.bu.edu/rbs/