ADSM-L

Re: DR Question -

2006-05-09 08:58:29
Subject: Re: DR Question -
From: Bob Martoncik <BMartoncik AT CO.LUCAS.OH DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 08:57:30 -0400
We have DR implemented here running 5.2.3 in a Windows environment.
Been running like a charm for over 2 years.  We have daily offsite tapes
going so that if something happens, we loose very little data.  The DR
module also produces a daily DR plan for you in case of a disaster.
Tells you exactly what is needed and what to run so you are back in
production in a timely matter.

Bob Martoncik
Lucas County Information Services
419-213-4633

>>> Ashok.Vats AT FTB.CA DOT GOV 5/8/2006 3:53:10 PM >>>
We have TSM 5.3.0.0. on AIX and backup about 177 WINTEL servers , We
would like to implement DR module..has any body had any experience with
DR manager ? Any insight. Currently we do weekly backup and copy prime
copy on site pool to backup offsite backup copy pool along with TSM
server database then we send offsite copy backup pool ( for DR purposes
) to offsite storage. Our  DR pools are about 135 lto2 tapes. We have
three such pools in rotation. IS there any better way to do DR strategy
?

Thanks,
Ashok