ADSM-L

Re: Serveronly node loses address

2006-04-24 08:02:07
Subject: Re: Serveronly node loses address
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:59:20 +1000
Sorry if I wasn't clear Richard

The intent is that no session can be initiated from the box in the
DMZ to any address inside the firewall.

Sessions can be initiated from inside the firewall to the the box in
the DMZ, then the DMZ box can reply to those sessions.
I think the idea is that there are no open ports that can be used for
any sort of attack, although I'm no networking guru.

I suppose an enterprising hacker, having compromised the DMZ box,
could circumvent this by having a process sit on, eg the Windows RDP
port, and then attack the connecting RDP program, but there is no
port that can be repeatedly attacked because it is always open.

Steve.