ADSM-L

Re: A requirement ..

2006-01-11 14:06:03
Subject: Re: A requirement ..
From: Guenther Bergmann <Guenther_Bergmann AT GBERGMANN DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 20:05:26 +0100
Hi Steve,

Am Mittwoch, 11. Januar 2006 15:30 schrieb Schaub, Steve:

> Perhaps I misunderstood Guenther's need, but I interpreted the
> scenario to be like this:
>
> 1. Files a, b, c are all created & backed up on day 1
> 2. File a gets deleted on day 5
> 3. File b gets deleted on day 25
> 4. File c gets deleted on day 49
>
> They want a, b, c all to expire from TSM on day 50, regardless of
> when they were deleted (which as far as I can see, can only be
> Guenther - please correct as needed

there is no need for any correction; you are right.

I took a look at the suggestions from David, Andrew and Mark. Since
the underlying filesystem is provided by a HACMP Cluster on AIX
5.2, a shell script using find to generate a filelist may be good
idea.
I will give it a try.

Thanks a lot for your kind help.

regards Guenther

--
Guenther Bergmann, Am Kreuzacker 10, 63150 Heusenstamm, Germany
Certified Service Manager