ADSM-L

Re: A requirement ..

2006-01-11 09:38:15
Subject: Re: A requirement ..
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 07:40:33 -0700
In this situation, DELETE BACKUP can also be used to delete individual
backup objects.

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2006-01-11
07:30:56:

> Perhaps I misunderstood Guenther's need, but I interpreted the scenario
> to be like this:
>
> 1. Files a, b, c are all created & backed up on day 1
> 2. File a gets deleted on day 5
> 3. File b gets deleted on day 25
> 4. File c gets deleted on day 49
>
> They want a, b, c all to expire from TSM on day 50, regardless of when
> they were deleted (which as far as I can see, can only be accomplished
> by using archive, leading to 15GBx50day=750GB stgpool).  Of course,
> nowadays, 750GB is not that big a deal, so maybe this is an ok solution
> for them.
>
> Guenther - please correct as needed
>
> Steve Schaub
> Systems Engineer, WNI