ADSM-L

Re: FW: ANS1370E with dsmj and Suse Linux 9.3

2005-06-24 10:36:07
Subject: Re: FW: ANS1370E with dsmj and Suse Linux 9.3
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 07:35:49 -0700
Hi Gerhard,

Check the privileges of the user (admin) ID you used. In the client
manual, Chapter 3 "Getting started", section "Tivoli Storage Manager
client authentication" describes the requirements.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-06-24
00:22:49:

>  Hello,
> I have a Linux system (Suse 9.3) with TSM client 5.3.012. The server is
> 5.1.9.5.
> Running the client with dsmc command is ok. Using dsmj I get a problem.
> After entering the password I get ANS1370E, tgelling me that my userid
> doesn't have the right authorization. Java runtime is 1.4.2.
> What's wrong?
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards
> Gerhard Rentschler
> ---
> Gerhard Rentschler        Zentrale Server und Dienste
> Rechenzentrum        tel.   ++49/711/685 5806
> Universität Stuttgart     fax:   ++49/711/682357
> Allmandring 30            www.rus.uni-stuttgart.de
> 70550 Stuttgart
> Germany

Rentschler
> Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 5:49 PM
> To: BACKVURZ-L AT LISTS.UNI-KARLSRUHE DOT DE
> Subject: ANS1370E with dsmj and Suse Linux 9.3
>
> Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen,
> wir haben hier Fälle (u.a. mich), die haben Suse 9.3 installiert und den
TSM
> Klienten 5.3.012. Der Server ist noch 5.1.9.x Mit dem CLI ist alles ok.
Mit
> 5.3 kommt für das GUI Interface dsm nun das Java Programm dsmj. Das
kommt
> auch hoch und fragt mich dann nach dem Passwort. Wenn ich das eingebe,
kommt
> ANS1370E mit dem Text, dass die Userid nicht die richtigen
Authorisierungen