ADSM-L

Re: Can't write log file on remote disk

2005-06-24 10:51:26
Subject: Re: Can't write log file on remote disk
From: Debbie Bassler <Deborah_Bassler AT PAPAJOHNS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:44:20 -0400
Richard,

How do you restart the scheduler process on a Window 2000 machine. Also,
if I decide to use CAD, how do I implement it?

Thanks,
Debbie

Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
06/24/2005 07:27 AM

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [ADSM-L] Can't write log file on remote disk

You haven't mentioned tailoring your SCHEDLOGname client option to
specify
the full path to be used for the log.
Do 'dsmc q opt' to check its value relative to what you want.
If running a scheduler process rather than CAD, be sure to restart that
process after changing your options file. (Always do 'dsmc q opt' after
making changes to the client options, to have the TSM software check for
errors, and to inspect that all values as come from server-side and
client-side stored client options are what is desired.)

Richard Sims