ADSM-L

Re: Questions about scripts

2005-06-24 08:20:55
Subject: Re: Questions about scripts
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 08:19:41 -0400
On Jun 23, 2005, at 4:51 PM, William Colwell wrote:

HI,

I have a couple of questions about server scripts. I am running
5.3.1.2.

1. Is there a limit to the number of lines in a script?
2. Can the target line of a goto precede the goto statement?

Hi, Bill -

I'm not aware of any size limit on server scripts: probably unlimited,
except by the size of your TSM db.

I believe that GOTO targets must be forward references, else suffer
ANR1489E.

Those who haven't looked into TSM 5.3 yet will find that server scripts
now have a parallel execution capability.

   Richard Sims

"Now three things in life are certain: death, taxes, and a jerk in an
SUV."

   -- me ... particularly after this morning's commuting experience.