ADSM-L

PARALLEL quits working

2005-02-25 22:00:31
Subject: PARALLEL quits working
From: Joerg Pohlmann <jpohlman AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 18:59:47 -0800
I have now seen a couple of instances where we are getting ANR0116W and
ANR1447W messages that the PARALLEL option has been turned off because the
maximum of 256 parallel threads has been exceeded. Our MAINTENANCE_PLAN
(in one installation) and our "DAILY" script (in another installation) are
therefore taking much longer than at first. A bypass is to restart the TSM
server, but there must be a better solution to this.

Any comments are much appreciated.

Joerg Pohlmann
604-535-452