ADSM-L

Re: TSM server in Cluster with Gresham

2005-02-25 20:45:52
Subject: Re: TSM server in Cluster with Gresham
From: Neil Schofield <neil.schofield AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 01:49:23 +0000
Bo

We have two TSM servers running in an active/active MSCS configuration with
EDT so your configuration should actually be more straightforward.

The trick is to install EDT on a local drive on both cluster nodes but use
identical ELM.CNF's on both (except for the licence key). That way it makes
no difference whether the TSM server is restarted on the active or the
passive node. In either case all previous ACSLS drive reservations will be
cleared. Of crucial importance is that the clientid is the same on both
nodes.

For us it's more complex because we have two libraries and two virtual TSM
server instances. We have four library stanzas in each ELM.CNF, two for
each TSM server instance.

E-mail me off-line if you want mode specific info.

Regards
Neil Schofield
Yorkshire Water Services Ltd.

Visit cool-fuel.com to see our fun, interactive website for children

YORKSHIRE WATER - WINNER OF THE UTILITY OF THE YEAR AWARD

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject
to the legal notice available at http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm
Yorkshire Water Services Limited
Registered Office Western House Halifax Road Bradford BD6 2SZ
Registered in England and Wales No 2366682