ADSM-L

How to get a tape drive to stream?

2005-01-26 11:16:37
Subject: How to get a tape drive to stream?
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:15:52 -0600
But does someone have a pointer to some 'tips & tricks' or FAQ to help
me get these LTO tape drives streaming with TSM on Windows 2000?

The drives seem to be doing about 3MB/sec per drive, no matter what is
going on in the server.  This is about the right speed for stop/start
programmed I/O processing.

My config is TSM 4.3 on Windows 2K server (2 1.2G Xenon, 1G RAM)

My SCSI attached LTO-1 drives are on Adaptec controllers (IBM branded),
with two tape drives per controller.  I have 3 identical SCSI
controllers with two drives each (one also has my 3583 library on it).

Disks (6 72G 10K drives, in two partitions) are attached to one RAID
card, and are RAID 5.

I can't get just running a single tape drive streaming, with nothing
going on in my system (db backup only,  no backups, no reclamation, no
expiration, etc)

Any advice/suggestions are appreciated. ...

... Desperate in Houston ... JC