ADSM-L

Re: Upgrading TSM server

2004-06-17 09:32:28
Subject: Re: Upgrading TSM server
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:32:08 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Joni Moyer
>I do not install software at my site, but the individual that
>does tried to
>go from 5.2.0.0 to 5.2.2.5 and it failed.  Does he first
>upgrade the server
>to 5.2.2.0 and then apply the patch?  I'm assuming that this
>is available off of the ftp site:
>ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management
/maintenance/server/v5r2/AIX/5.2.2.0/

The problem was (probably) not having the new license files that came
with 5.2.2.0. If this is true, then you'll have to obtain the
installation media for 5.2.2.0 to get those files; they are not
available in the downloadable version.

Also, it would help to know the OS platform for your TSM server.

--
Mark Stapleton