ADSM-L

Re: sbttest a -libname libobk64.a Queston?

2004-05-10 09:56:07
Subject: Re: sbttest a -libname libobk64.a Queston?
From: Neil Rasmussen <rasmussn AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 06:52:35 -0700
The return code from the RMAN layer is the key here - RMAN is not very
robust reporting errors from initialization problems but that 2512 is from
DP for Oracle which is a licensing problem. You need to check that your
license exists and that it can be found by DP Oracle. If your license is
in the installation directory then it may be a permissions problem.
Otherwise, you need to set TDPO_PSWDPATH to point to the directory of
where it can find the license file. The name of the license file is
"agent.lic".

Regards,

Neil Rasmussen
Software Development
Data Protection for Oracle
rasmussn AT us.ibm DOT com

Mladen Portak <mportak AT RBA DOT HR>
05/10/2004 02:56 AM
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
sbttest a -libname libobk64.a Queston?

Hi to all!

I'm trying to setup rman/tdp for Oracle 9i running on an AIX 5.2 system,
Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 but I have problems with

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03009: failure of allocate command on t1 channel at 05/07/2004
11:22:37
ORA-19554: error allocating device, device type: SBT_TAPE, device name:
ORA-27000: skgfqsbi: failed to initialize storage subsystem (SBT) layer
IBM AIX RISC System/6000 Error: 2512: System call error number 2512.

Does anyone know how to check libobk.a ?

I do the next:

# sbttest a -libname /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64/libobk64.a

libobk64.a could not be loaded.  Check that it is installed
properly, and that LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable
(or its equivalent on your platform) includes the directory
where this file can be found.  Here is some additional
information on the cause of this error:
        0509-022 Cannot load module /lib/libobk64.a.
        0509-124 The program is a discontinued 64-bit object file.

Is this correct state of libobk64.a?

#what /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64/libobk64.a

libobk64.a:
         IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Databases, Data Protection for
Oracle.
         Licensed Materials - Property of IBM
         5698-APD (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 2003 All Rights
Reserved.
         US Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or
         disclosure restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM CORP
         Version: 5.2.0.0. Build Date: Feb 23 2003.

I done all necessary environment variables but  I still get the same
error!

Please advise
thanks!.