ADSM-L

Volume label problem

2004-05-10 07:39:14
Subject: Volume label problem
From: Henrik Hansson <henrik_hansson AT ALBINT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 13:36:31 +0200
Hello

I have a volume with barcode that is strange

The volume is used and allocated in a copy storage pool. The volume is
labelled "2&&PPb" in TSM BUT the label say it's name should be "233ABE".
WOrse is that I cant do anything with the volume. All I've been able to do
so far is to update the access to read-only. It isn't possible to use the
volume with the volume name "2&&PPb". I was able to update the access using
"2&&PP*" as the volume name.
I cant move the data on the volume, I get the answer that the volume isn't
defined in a storage pool. That's the answer I get for almost any command I
issue using the volume name.

Whats the best way of getting it out of the system? Is it to delete it and
then rebuild thevolume from the online storage? If so whats the commands
for doing that?

Thanx for You help

Med Vänlig Hälsning/ Best Regards
Henrik Hansson