ADSM-L

Re: FW: checkin <vol> checklabel=barcode search=bulk

2004-02-04 14:24:08
Subject: Re: FW: checkin <vol> checklabel=barcode search=bulk
From: "Marcel J.E. Mol" <marcel AT MESA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 20:23:35 +0100
Jeffrey,

This is basically exactly what I do except my step 4 is different:
  checkin libvol 3584lib $volume checkl=yes stat=scratch

(and therefor I need to make sure a drive is empty and move the
volume up to the top slot and check/reply the TSM request, which
may cause al kinds of race conditions or deadlocks)

I did not realize the search=yes also scans the bulk!

On the other hand search=yes for evey volume will occupy the library
with 'lots' of scans.

I still think my suggested way would make checkin life much easier and
is not difficult for development to implement I guess. Is TSM development
listening? Andy?

-Marcel