ADSM-L

Re: FW: checkin <vol> checklabel=barcode search=bulk

2004-02-04 10:19:06
Subject: Re: FW: checkin <vol> checklabel=barcode search=bulk
From: "Marcel J.E. Mol" <marcel AT MESA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 16:18:38 +0100
> Hi not sure if this help but this is how we do it.
>
> First I do a move drm for each vaultretrieve that I am going to checkin.
>
> move drm vol1234 wherestate=vaultretrieve tostate=onsiteretrieve
> move drm vol2345 wherestate=vaultretrieve tostate=onsiteretrieve
> move drm vol3456 wherestate=vaultretrieve tostate=onsiteretrieve

Yes, thats what I do too (actually have an extra step to move fron
vaultretrieve to courierretrieve).
And I also want to use this list to specifically check them in.

> The I run the following which I put in a script I call checkin, less typing
> "run checkin"
>
> checkin libvol ibm3584 search=bulk status=scratch checkl=barcode

But this will checkin all volunes in the bulk, even the ones for the
other logical library (or are not vaultretrieve/courierretrieve for
that matter). That is why I want to use the above list to specifically
checkin the volumes.

> Next q req, and finally, reply request number, that's it. I do not have to
> have a drive free for this process because the checkl=barcode.

Operators put in the tapes in the bulk and then run the custom-checkin
script. So if my checkin syntax would have been valid things would have
been much simpler: checkin libv 3584lib <volume> checklabel=barcode search=bulk

-Marcel