ADSM-L

32 and 64 bit API

2003-08-05 15:18:51
Subject: 32 and 64 bit API
From: "Henschell, John" <john.henschell AT THOMSON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 14:18:32 -0500
Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience running both 32 and 64bit API on 1 Solaris 8
system?  Our DBA's are running both 32bit and 64bit DB2 instances on one
machine, and I can not get the 64bit version to work through the API.  I can
use the dsmc -se=db2_backup_64 command and get in just fine, but when I try
to use the dsmapipw DB2 command to set the password, I get a 137 error.
When I look in the dsmerror log I see;
TCA EXIT Build Dates do not match rc=138.

Any and all thoughts will be appreciated.

John C. Henschell
Enterprise Storage Solutions
TLR Technical Services
West, a Thomson Business
Phone 651-687-8154
Email john.henschell AT thomson DOT com
"All views and opinions expressed are those of the author and have not been
approved or reviewed by WestGroup"