ADSM-L

Re: ANS1030E error msg question

2003-03-05 13:26:57
Subject: Re: ANS1030E error msg question
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 13:24:08 -0500
>We are getting the "ANS1030E System ran out of memory. Process ended" error
>on one of our clients. The client admin says this isn't a problem on his
>server but it's on the TSM server. I don't think so as I don't see any other
>related errors on TSM, other clients backed up ok, and the message details
>leads me to believe the problem is on the client. However the message is ANS
>which if I understand the naming convention indicates a TSM server error.
>Does anyone know for sure where the problem lies? Client or TSM server

Wayne, you're disappointing the people who wrote the Messages manual...
ANR is server; ANS is client.

Did that client admin take any action as recommended in the message, or did
he just want to complain?  The ball is squarely in his court.
You can see my accumulated factors for that message in
 http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts

    Richard Sims, BU