ADSM-L

ANS1030E error msg question

2003-03-05 13:09:43
Subject: ANS1030E error msg question
From: "Spearman, Wayne" <wmspearman AT NOVANTHEALTH DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 13:07:23 -0500
Hi All,
We are getting the "ANS1030E System ran out of memory. Process ended" error
on one of our clients. The client admin says this isn't a problem on his
server but it's on the TSM server. I don't think so as I don't see any other
related errors on TSM, other clients backed up ok, and the message details
leads me to believe the problem is on the client. However the message is ANS
which if I understand the naming convention indicates a TSM server error.
Does anyone know for sure where the problem lies? Client or TSM server

ANS1030E System ran out of memory. Process ended.

Explanation: TSM cannot allocate storage for the specified operation.

System Action: TSM cannot complete the requested operation.

User Response: Stop TSM, restart TSM, and retry the operation. If
unsuccessful, close all unneeded applications and retry the operation. For
UNIX systems that support resource limits, you can check if the memory
resource limit is too low by entering the following command: ulimit -a Based
on the resulting data, you can ask the UNIX system root user to increase
resource limits so that it will override the current default. The UNIX
system root user has the authority to increase resource limits.

Thanks,
Wayne Spearman

This message and any included attachments are from NOVANT HEALTH INC.
and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information contained
herein may include trade secrets or privileged or otherwise confidential
information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying,
distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, or have
reason to believe you are not authorized to receive it, please promptly

Thank you.