ADSM-L

Re: 3494 libray lifespan??

2002-12-16 21:03:41
Subject: Re: 3494 libray lifespan??
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 20:02:36 -0600
On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 14:07, Matthew Glanville wrote:
> The biggest complaint I have with the 3584 is the interface via the LCD
> panel/web interface.
> It is too dumb.
> No autoloading of tapes from the I/O station.
>
> 1. load 10 tapes in library, then run over to TSM console.
> 2. TSM commands:
>       checkin libv 3584lib search=bulk checkl=barcode status=scratch
>             (or label libv)
>       q request
>       reply 1
> 3. repeat

Try this sequence instead (for <=10 tapes):
1. TSM command:
  checkin libv 3584lib search=bulk checkl=barcode status=scratch
2. Leisurely stroll to the library and load 10 tapes.
3. Leisurely stroll back to your console and run
  q request
4. Reply to it. You've got 60 minutes to do so.

If you're loading >10 tapes:
1. Leisurely stroll to the library, open it up, place all tapes directly
into empty slots into the library.
2. Leisurely stroll back to your console and run
  checkin libv 3584lib search=yes checkl=barcode status=scratch
     or
  label libv 3584lib search=yes labelsource=barcode checkin=scratch

Even easier--there's no request to reply to.