ADSM-L

3466 End-of-Life

2002-12-16 15:01:37
Subject: 3466 End-of-Life
From: "Talafous, John G." <Talafous AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 15:00:53 -0500
Hey *SM'ers!  It comes to my attention that 3466's (all models) not only
have been withdrawn from marketing but will be withdrawn from support April
15, 2003. Have I missed an announcement? Could someone please point me to
it? How many of you will be impacted by support being withdrawn for 3466's?

Does anyone have a clue as to what I will have on the floor on April 16,
2003? For example, will I be legal?  I expect I am expected to migrate to
'native' TSM. Again, did I miss an announcement? But, what happens if I take
no action before April 15?  Granted, without support I can't get help with a
problem, but will the software police come and throw me in software jail?
8-)

Our 3466-C00 was purchased in May of 2000. It will not be 3 years old when
support is withdrawn.  And, an option then was to purchase 3 years of
maintenance up front!  If I were to purchase a major appliance for my home
and find that it is not supported less than 3 years later I wouldn't even
consider another one. What does ITSM expect from us?

Your thoughts are appreciated,
John G. Talafous              IS Technical Principal
The Timken Company            Global Software Support
P.O. Box 6927                 Data Management
1835 Dueber Ave. S.W.         Phone: (330)-471-3390
Canton, Ohio USA  44706-0927  Fax  : (330)-471-4034
talafous AT timken DOT com           http://www.timken.com

This message and any attachments are intended for the
individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not forward, copy, print, use or disclose this
communication to others; also please notify the sender by
replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.

The Timken Company