ADSM-L

Re: Problems with 3583 Library

2002-11-15 12:25:47
Subject: Re: Problems with 3583 Library
From: Ricardo Ribeiro <ricardo.ribeiro AT ADVANCEPCS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:24:54 -0700
Check the version of the Atape and atldd driver, if you are on AIX...

                      Anwer Adil
                      <[email protected]         To:      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                      BIA.EDU>                 cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject: Problems with 3583
Library
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      T.EDU>

                      11/15/2002 09:32
                      AM
                      Please respond
                      to "ADSM: Dist
                      Stor Manager"

I am going nuts here.

I have been having lots of problems with this library since day one. Two of
the three drives were reporting I/O errors while reading the labels on
tapes and TSM would mark those volumes as being unavailable. IBM sent a CE
to replace the drives. But that didn't help. I am still getting I/O errors
on those drives. The third drive is working fine. It can read the volumes
that were previously marked as being unavailable by the other drives.

Has anyone else experience such problems with the IBM 3583 library? All the
drives and the library have the latest firmware.

Anwer