ADSM-L

Problems with 3583 Library

2002-11-15 11:34:45
Subject: Problems with 3583 Library
From: Anwer Adil <aadil AT LAW.COLUMBIA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:32:29 -0500
I am going nuts here.

I have been having lots of problems with this library since day one. Two of
the three drives were reporting I/O errors while reading the labels on
tapes and TSM would mark those volumes as being unavailable. IBM sent a CE
to replace the drives. But that didn't help. I am still getting I/O errors
on those drives. The third drive is working fine. It can read the volumes
that were previously marked as being unavailable by the other drives.

Has anyone else experience such problems with the IBM 3583 library? All the
drives and the library have the latest firmware.

Anwer