ADSM-L

Re: Slightly off the subject - 3494 MIB

2002-10-23 13:33:05
Subject: Re: Slightly off the subject - 3494 MIB
From: Orville Lantto <orville.lantto AT DATATREND DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:29:05 -0500
>From Richard Sims' ADSM/TSM Quick Facts
(http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.funcdir)

3494 SNMP support       The 3494 (beginning with Library Manager
                        code 518) supports SNMP alert messaging,
                        enabling you to monitor 3494 operations
                        from one or more SNMP monitor stations.
                        This initial support provides more than
                        80 operator-class alert messages
                        covering:
                                 3494 device operations
                                 Data cartridge alerts
                                 Service requests
                                 VTS alerts
                        See "SNMP Options" in the 3494 Operator
                        Guide manual.

The Operator's Guide does not mention, nor have ever found, a 3494 MIB.

Orville L. Lantto
Datatrend Technologies, Inc.  (http://www.datatrend.com)
IBM Premier Business Partner
121 Cheshire Lane, Suite 700
Minnetonka, MN 55305
Email: Orville.Lantto AT datatrend DOT com

Mahesh Tailor <MTailor AT CARILION DOT COM>
10/23/2002 11:45 AM