ADSM-L

Please advise: IBM 3583 tape drives

2002-10-23 13:26:49
Subject: Please advise: IBM 3583 tape drives
From: Paul Miller <Paul_Miller AT CARGILL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:10:15 -0500
Hello, all.

I'm looking at replacing all of my IBM 3570 tape libraries with 3583
libraries, and looking to hear from anyone who has experience with the
3583, particularly on Windows servers.  Our experience with the 3570 has
been less than pleasant at times.  I'd like to hear about any good or
bad experiences, as well as any "gotchas" I might look for.  The drives
we use will be fiber attached, as opposed to the SCSI attached 3570 we
are using now.

Any advice would certainly be appreciated!

Thanks!

Paul M. Miller
Senior I/T Technical Analyst (UNIX)
Excel Corporation - A Cargill Foods Company

"Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the named
recipient and may contain confidential, proprietary or legally
privileged information. Unauthorized individuals or entities are not
permitted access to this information. Any dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply
e-mail, and delete this message and any attachments. Thank you."