ADSM-L

Re: Slightly off the subject - 3494 MIB

2002-10-23 14:42:21
Subject: Re: Slightly off the subject - 3494 MIB
From: Bob Booth - UIUC <booth AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:41:32 -0500
Actually, there are only 'levels' of traps you can define on the console.  The
rest is up to the 3494.  You can set a level that will spam a trap whenever the
I/O door is opened, to only emergency traps.  It is a very simple configuration
that works great for us, as long as you have a trap receiver.

I don't know of a vendor specific MIB for the 3494, nor did I realize that you
were running netview (nor even remember what netview can do, since I haven't
run netview since my VM/VTAM days!)..

bob