ADSM-L

Re: Transaction Log Restores

2002-10-23 09:07:05
Subject: Re: Transaction Log Restores
From: Marc Lowers <Marc.R.Lowers AT GSK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:05:41 +0100
With this specific restore...around 200 logs were applied before it
required the logs I had on disk...so as soon as I started the log
restore....I then copied the logs into the specified restore folder.  By
the time the restore needed the logs that were on disk, everything had
already been copied across.   I noticed also when these logs were being
applied that they didn't show up on the GUI, I guess this is because they
weren't archived   As I said before they get removed from the restore
folder once they are applied.  Once it has finsihed with these logs it
continues applying the logs from tape.

I haven't tried copying the log files across only once they are being
called for, I'm not sure this would work as the process doesn't wait for
that long before deciding the logs aren't available so there isn't a lot
of time to copy them across.

Marc.

"Richard Foster" <Richard.Foster AT HYDRO DOT COM>

23-Oct-2002 14:27