ADSM-L

Re: dismiss dsmadmc header output

2002-10-22 20:00:27
Subject: Re: dismiss dsmadmc header output
From: Graham Trigge <Graham_Trigge AT ENTERPRISESERVICES.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:35:32 +1000
Michael,

The only way I can think of getting only the information you require is
through SQL queries straight to the TSM databases. This will give you
precise information, and only the information you require.

Regards,

Graham Trigge
Senior Administrator
Telstra Enterprise Services Pty Ltd

Phone: (02) 9882 5831
Mobile: 0409 654 434
Fax: (02) 9882 5987
Email: graham_trigge AT enterpriseservices.com DOT au

                    Michael Kindermann
                    <michael.kinderman        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    n AT GMX DOT NET>                cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:           Subject:     dismiss dsmadmc
header output
                    Dist Stor Manager"
                    <[email protected].

                    22/10/2002 20:32
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

Hello,
find this question once in the list, but didn't find any answer.
Is there a way, something like a switch or an option, to influence the
dsmadmc-output, to give only the interesting result and no overhead ?

Trying to scripting some task in a shell-script. And iam a little anoyed,
becaus it
not very difficult to get some output from the dsmserver. But it is  to
reuse the information in the script.
For example:
I want to remove a Node, so i have first to delete the filespace. I also
have to del the association. Iam afraid to use wildcards like 'del
filespace
node_name * ' in a script , so i need the filespacenames.
I make an dsmadmc -id=... -pa=...  q filespace node_name * or q select
filspacename from filespaces.
All i need is the name, but i get a lot of serverinformation:

Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Administrative Interface - Version 4, Release 1, Level 2.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 1999, All Rights Reserved.

Session established with server ADSM: AIX-RS/6000
  Server Version 4, Release 2, Level 2.7
  Server date/time: 10/22/2002 11:34:44  Last access: 10/22/2002 11:26:01

ANS8000I Server command: 'q node TSTW2K'

Node Name                     Platform     Policy Domain      Days Since
Days Since     Locked?
                                           Name               Last Acce-
  Password
                                                                      ss
       Set
TSTW2K                        WinNT        STANDARD                  277
       278       No

ANS8002I Highest return code was 0.

Greetings

Michael Kindermann
Wuerzburg / Germany

NEU: Mit GMX ins Internet. Rund um die Uhr f|r 1 ct/ Min. surfen!