ADSM-L

Re: dismiss dsmadmc header output

2002-10-23 04:20:10
Subject: Re: dismiss dsmadmc header output
From: Oliver Merz <adsmtsm AT GMX DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:05:06 +0200
Hi,

I use the following script to get info out of my tsm servers:

dsmadmc -tab -outfile -id=??? -password=??? $* |tail +8|awk 'length >0'|grep
-v ANS8002I

Put this in a script and you can use it like:

yourscript q node xyz

or (if you need wildcards)

echo " q event * * "| yourscript

it strips of all headers and footers, so only the information is left.
hope this helps.

olli