ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.2.2.0 restore problem on NT4.0

2002-10-10 21:06:34
Subject: Re: TSM 4.2.2.0 restore problem on NT4.0
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 19:05:06 -0600
Hi David,

I am not intimately familiar with the details of this problem, and I agree
that the APAR text is a bit sketchy on detail. I will make a best effort
to get it cleaned up, but off the top of my head, I don't understand the
work-around, either.

I have not had a chance to review the code change for this fix, but I
*think* that it affect files that are in use at the time the restore runs
(it might be read-only files that are in use), but I can't swear to it.
Since 5.1.5 is imminent, I would recommend trying it first. If the problem
persists, then we can pursue from there via your PMR.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
10/10/2002 06:34