ADSM-L

Re: Daily Backup Report

2002-04-16 15:26:41
Subject: Re: Daily Backup Report
From: Mark Bertrand <Mark.Bertrand AT USUNWIRED DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:29:06 -0500
I hate to correct IBM again... My statement was correct

query event will NOT tell you if your backup was successful.
<<

As Andy so carefully stated in his last comment:

you should not have any problems determining success or failure of the
operation.
<<

The operation and the actual successful backup are two different things. In
referring to a TSM operations (i.e. ACTION=INCREMENTAL), not a script, can
show proof of missed files and errors from reports from my activity log that
a "success of the operation" does not mean that you had a successful backup.

We currently have a Critsit open with Tivoli and IBM hardware support and
this is one of the major issues.

Just trying to help, I guarantee that if you rely only on a q event to let
your customers know if you have all their files backed up you will get
burned.