ADSM-L

Re: Disaster Recovery Project

2002-02-26 14:06:14
Subject: Re: Disaster Recovery Project
From: George Lesho <GLesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 12:52:40 -0600
Guess the first thing to do is to figure out which servers would need to be
brought back in the event of a disaster. I back up several dozen servers
but only a couple are needed in the event of a total meltdown in order to
maintain company operational capability (the restore of these servers is
mandated by contract). The next step is to figure out what is needed to
bring each of the required servers back up to a running state quickly. In
our case, the mksysb tapes are all that is required. In your case, there
may be a mixed answer. The DRM part is pretty easy using TSM/DRM as TSM
keeps track of which tapes are needed and also offers a "Prepare" file
which has all the info needed to rebuild the TSM environement (along with a
couple other files like the volume history and hardware stuff).

George Lesho
AFC Enterprises

Jane Bamberger <jane.bamberger AT BASSETT DOT ORG>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 02/26/2002
12:21:59 PM