ADSM-L

Re: Disaster Recovery Project

2015-10-04 17:12:14
Subject: Re: Disaster Recovery Project
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
It would be easier to speak to this issue if you had mentioned your
environment.  I am in an AIX / TSM /DRM environment and we do mksysb tapes
of our production servers and store them offsite. In addition, we allow
TSM/DRM to decide which tapes are needed offsite in the event of a
disaster. If a disaster occurred, we have contingency servers available at
an offsite location (in case this location no longer exists) and we would
ship copies of the DRM Prepare plan and associated recovery files along
with all DRM (offsite tapes) to this location. We would then rebuild the
servers (including the TSM Server) affected using mksysb tapes and then
reapply production stuff (like Informix databases and critical apps) using
the DRM media.

George Lesho
AFC Enterprises

Jane Bamberger <jane.bamberger AT BASSETT DOT ORG>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 02/26/2002