ADSM-L

backup and archive on Windows

2002-01-23 17:11:53
Subject: backup and archive on Windows
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 17:09:22 -0500
Hey,

Since the customer is too cheap to buy the TDP for Oracle on Windows I'm
trying to set up multiple scheduled events, one for backup and one for
archiving.

The rub seems to be that I'm using pre and post schedules in the option
file for backups, which I don't need for archiving the log files. I
can't seem to get the -optfile option working when I have it in the OPT
section of the archive schedule. I've tried all kinds of pathing. So,
I've added a second schedule on the client that points to a option file
without the pre/post stuff. It seems to work, but I'm a little unclear
on how the individual schedules know which scheduler, and thus option
file, to use.

Is the sequence of client options critical? I've been using the -optfile
immediately after dsmc arch but before -del, -desc, -archmc, etc.

Thanks,

--
Jim Kirkman
Jim Kirkman