ADSM-L

Re: Problem with dsmcad in inittab

2002-01-23 17:12:51
Subject: Re: Problem with dsmcad in inittab
From: George Lesho <GLesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 15:59:02 -0600
Jan, The telinit q command has the inittab run again. Whether your process
will be brought back into a running state
kind of depends on what you have on the line in the inittab... here is a
sample line of the entry that starts our TSM server plus
allows me to initialize the server without rebooting the box. The key to
this is that I have placed the initialization into the
"b" argument for initializing processes plus the "2" (init 2) for start
ups. Thus if I want to restart the TSM server I type:
telinit b.

autosrvr:b2:once:/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/rc.adsmserv

Hope that answers your question.

George Lesho
Storage / System Admin
AFC Enterprises