ADSM-L

Re: NamedPipe settings on W2K client

2001-12-22 16:41:14
Subject: Re: NamedPipe settings on W2K client
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 23:41:54 +0200
Brian,

I am unfamiliar with the technology in 9940 drives but you can try to
verify is the drive receiving stream of data or bursts (which can cause
rewind back and slowdown). Monitor both LAN and FC interface statistics to
be sure you are really sending data LAN-free.
Another question: according to my TSM v4.2 docs only Windows server
supports NamedPipes.
Are you correct that your TSM server is SunFire? If yes is the storage
agent communicating with the right server ? Or maybe SA fails and transfer
goes over LAN? Or if really goes through NamedPipe check is the data sent
to a Windows server and is this server the cause for low performance.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

"Scott, Brian" <bscott AT EDS DOT COM> on 18.12.2001 01:05:52