ADSM-L

TSM 4.2.1.6 AIX 4.3.3.0

2001-10-31 09:14:18
Subject: TSM 4.2.1.6 AIX 4.3.3.0
From: Henk ten Have <hthta AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:11:26 +0100
   I wrote:

> If any bad comes out of this, just let me know too.....

   Well, it didn't take 24 hours. This morning my server was "frozen". Simple
   queries like q mo, q vol, q libvol or q dr never give any result.
   q se (which worked) showed a lot of "frozen" admin session, wait time
   zero, but never ending.
   q proc (which also worked) showed backup stg processes which didn't
   do anything for a long time (probably finished, but never ending).
   The funny thing was that backup's still worked (backup's to diskpools).
   So finally I had to halt the server and did a restart.
   The activitylog and the dsmserv.err didn't show anything weird.

   Cheers,
   Henk (still not amused)