ADSM-L

Migrating Copy storage pool to new media

2001-09-05 12:25:07
Subject: Migrating Copy storage pool to new media
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 09:26:09 -0700
We are getting ready to add a new AIT Tape library, and will
need to migrate data from our current DLT Library.

We will use migration to move the data for our primary storage pools,
but the copy pool doesn't allow a nextstgpool to be defined.

We can define a copy pool in the new library, and backup the new storage
pools to the new copy pool as the data is migrated, but this will give us
double backups of each file and require extra database space.

Does anyone know a method for moving data from one copy pool to another?

Doug Thorneycroft
County Sanitation Districts of Los Angeles County
(562) 699-7411 Ext. 1058
FAX (562) 699-6756
dthorneycroft AT lacsd DOT org