ADSM-L

Multiple TSM Servers

2001-09-05 11:53:31
Subject: Multiple TSM Servers
From: "Slaughter, Bill" <BillSlaughter AT TUPPERWARE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 11:54:50 -0400
I am planning the configuration of another TSM server with another tape
library (Similar to my first one).

I am worried about our operators accidentally inserting "library-1" good
tapes (i.e. offsite) into the other "library-2" as scratch. The TSM server
will add them to the "scratch" pool.

Does anyone have any experience with multiple Libraries (Separate TSM
Servers)? I know I could use volume sequences but that will not prevent the
insertion into the wrong library, plus the volume sequences will require me
to modify all my scripts.

Bill Slaughter
Tupperware U.S., Inc.
14901 S. Orange Blossom Trail
Orlando, FL 32837
(407) 826-4580
(407) 826-8890 Fax
Text Pages 4079747099.5701585 AT pagenet DOT net