ADSM-L

Re: Multiple TSM Servers

2001-09-05 12:32:25
Subject: Re: Multiple TSM Servers
From: Ted Byrne <tbyrne AT DSSCORP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 12:33:42 -0400
>I am worried about our operators accidentally inserting "library-1"
>good tapes (i.e. offsite) into the other "library-2" as scratch.
>The TSM server will add them to the "scratch" pool.

Bill - Richard's idea about using the distinct solid colors around each
library portal is a good one.

If you're using barcode-labelled media, another alternative is to use
markedly different label formats for the human-readable portion of the
label.  For example, one set could use horizontal color-coded labels and
the other set could be labelled with vertical black & white labels.

What type of library/media will you be using?

Ted