ADSM-L

TSM web pages changed

2001-05-10 09:13:24
Subject: TSM web pages changed
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 09:14:15 -0400
Attempting to use my TSM web page bookmarks just now, I ran
into "Page Not Found" errors.  Tivoli has overhauled the
web site - but failed to add compensatory redirects, so all
of the many TSM customers who go clicking for information will
hit a wall.  Really poor web engineering.

The new entry point to manuals and software is:
http://www.tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/tivolimain.html .
More bad web engineering here, as you need a ridiculously
wide window to have the whole thing show up.

I've filed a problem report with their web support.
I'm dismayed at the management who's letting stuff like
this go to production.  Many are the problems in Tivoli.

   Richard Sims, BU