ADSM-L

TSM and MC/Serviceguard Cluster on HP-UX

2001-05-10 09:01:08
Subject: TSM and MC/Serviceguard Cluster on HP-UX
From: Kurt Beyers <kurt.beyers AT DOLMEN DOT BE>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 14:47:09 +0200
Hi,

I need to backup MC/SG packages (the cluster packet of HP-UX) using TSM (TSM
3.7 running on a NT server). As far as I understand, TSM can't make a
cluster aware backup (define the package as a client using it's IP address).

This causes a few problems. For example, if the package switches from node,
the next incremental backup will be a full one because TSM sees the
filesystems of the package as new filesystems of the backup node. The same
for a restore, you should check first on which node the package is running
and I guess there will be a few other problems I haven't thought about yet.

How do you use TSM to backup a HP-UX cluster, are you using
workarounds/scripts for the problems? Are there still other problems with
the combination TSM/Serviceguard?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thanx,
Kurt