ADSM-L

Problems with retrieve in TSM v.4

2001-03-15 04:25:05
Subject: Problems with retrieve in TSM v.4
From: Petr Přerost <pprerost AT HTD DOT CZ>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 10:28:08 +0100
Hello ,
after upgrade TSM server to 4.1.2 ( NT ) there appear big performance
problems with retrieve .
TSM server is small ( DB is 2.5 GB ) but one of client archives monthly NTFS
directory containing
about 200 000  files. When I tried to retrieve group of files with GUI
client - expand of each level
of directory structure take up to 15 minutes - I checked Q sess on server
and session status
is RUN but no data goes between client and server  ( this status don't
change ) . On the server
side I checked Q db f=d and I can see large number of buffer requests ( more
than 4 millions ) and
cache hit ratio slowly decreasing ( I am using 200 MB db cache ) . Well
after 15 minutes GUI show me
first level of archive files space and when I tried to expand next level the
same story repeat .

Any idea ?

Petr Přerost
H.T.D., spol. s r.o.