ADSM-L

Re: Problems with retrieve in TSM v.4

2001-03-15 05:32:12
Subject: Re: Problems with retrieve in TSM v.4
From: Petr Přerost <pprerost AT HTD DOT CZ>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:37:26 +0100
Well ,
but restore of the same node is without problems - expand of directory level
take seconds and in retrieve
this takes 10 - 15 minutes. It seems that there is different db access
between restore and retrieve -
and I just now installed in one client TSM server for very large archive
processing and I am afraid that with that
performance this can turn to unusable. I know that CLI performance is better
but archive directory
structure is deep and it is impossible to remember path of files archived 11
mouth ago.

Server is small - P333/512MB  but I did test retrieve on completely free
server , cache hit decrease during
retrieve processing - it seems that server reads large number of db pages
sequentialy and don't reuse them
anymore.

Did  you meet the similar behaviour in your system ?

Thank fro your reply .

Petr