ADSM-L

Re: Problems with retrieve in TSM v.4

2001-03-15 04:36:26
Subject: Re: Problems with retrieve in TSM v.4
From: "Chibois, Herve" <Chibois_H AT ADMIRAL DOT FR>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 10:37:33 +0100
Hi Petr,

If your TSM server is well sized, I'm afraid, you can't get this kind of
request be faster.
The GUI is slow and needs to completely query ALL the files of a tree-level
before displaying it

For really-big nodes, prefer the CLI.

Is your TSM server heavily loaded when you retrieve your files ?,
 what is the cache hit %, if under 99%, increase BUFPOOLSIZE
unless you pick this extra memory from the NT swap file.

when you start a client session for retrieving files, have a look
on your TSM server to the stats for your client node

adsm > q node f=d
will give you some hints about node workload for last session.

rv