ADSM-L

Re: Longlasting tape-reclamation run

2001-03-05 10:20:30
Subject: Re: Longlasting tape-reclamation run
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 10:21:02 -0500
>Though we may have collocation activated in the server, I believe it to be
> the general case that API-based clients either cannot or do not collocate.
>(This is the case with HSM, at least.)  API-based clients which back up
>numerous small client files thus pose a special burden on the server.

To correct my own posting, this is what should have appeared:

 Though Aggregation occurs with the standard clients, I believe it to be
 the general case that API-based clients either cannot or do not Aggregate.
 (This is the case with HSM, at least.)  API-based clients which back up
 numerous small client files thus pose a special burden on the server.

Sorry if I confused anyone.  My brain preoccupied with the blizzard that
is going on outside.  And me without a sled!

  Richard Sims, BU