ADSM-L

Re: AFS 3.6 butc deletedump

2001-02-21 14:41:56
Subject: Re: AFS 3.6 butc deletedump
From: "Matthew A. Bacchi" <mbacchi AT BTV.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 14:42:05 -0500
>Is there a synchronization utility to force the synchonization of the TSM
>data with the AFS backup database?

Kent,
        This is a good question, but I don't think there is.  I have used BUTA
for 1+ years now, and there is a sync option with the delbuta utility.  When
doing some testing with BUTC in the last six months I noticed there wasn't a
similar function.  I'm currently not using BUTC because the 'backup
diskrestore' function doesn't work with BUTC on afs36, but this problem could
be a show stopper as well.  Anyway, I assume you have already read the Release
Notes
(http://www.transarc.com/Library/documentation/afs/3.6/unix/en_US/HTML/RelNotes/aurns002.htm)
 which describe the new options when using the 'backup deletedump' command,
such as -dbonly and -force.  You might also try writing you own syncronization
script, which would consult the AFS backup database, then do ADSM "delete
filespace" commands for each dump that isn't in AFS anymore.  Or as a last
resort, maybe you want to open a problem with support on this.

Good luck, and let us know what you end up doing, I'd be interested.

-Matt
/**
/**
 **    Matt Bacchi                   mbacchi AT us.ibm DOT com
 **    IBM Global Services                SDC Northeast
 **    F6TG; MD Filesystems/Internet     (802) 769-4072
 **    ADSM & AFS/DFS Backup             (tie) 446-4072
 **/