ADSM-L

AFS 3.6 butc deletedump

2001-02-20 14:12:39
Subject: AFS 3.6 butc deletedump
From: "Kent L. Johnson" <johnsk6 AT RPI DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 14:13:13 -0500
I am using AFS with the XBSA (TSM) enabled version of butc.  I am running TSM
version 3, Release 7, Level 2.0 on AIX 4.3.2.

I have been running the deletdump command to delete the AFS backup database
dump entries and up till now, I have believed that the TSM data is being
deleted by this process.

I have watched the butc process write the following message for each deleted
volume:

o Tue Feb 20 11:49:49 2001: Deleted volume <volume name>.backup (537211796)
in dumpID 972739995 from the backup server.

However, it appears that this has not actually been deleting the backup data
from the TSM server.

Is there a synchronization utility to force the synchonization of the TSM
data with the AFS backup database?

I am starting to become very concerned that I have a large (and growing)
collection of obsolete AFS data in the TSM server.

Thanks.

Kent

PS Please reply directly to me, as well as the list.  There is a problem with
mail between the marist.edu  and the rpi.edu domain.

--
Kent Johnson                        Internet: johnsk6 AT rpi DOT edu
Kent Johnson                        Internet: johnsk6 AT rpi DOT edu