ADSM-L

Re: High CPU utilization on AIX SP node with 1 gig memory

2001-02-08 03:27:21
Subject: Re: High CPU utilization on AIX SP node with 1 gig memory
From: "Ganu Sachin, IBM" <Sachin.Ganu AT KWA2.SIEMENS.CO DOT IN>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 13:59:39 +0530
I have RS/6000 SP2 wide nodes running AIX 4.3.3 and TSM 3.7.0. We do backup
Informix database level 0 twice a week and Level1 on remaining days using
TDP. My observation is TSM amounts for 15-20 % CPU power when backup is
going on.

In your case what is the application you are running ?

In AIX you can run vmstat command and observe last 4 columns. You should
atleast sample 10 readings to get the feeling. If performance Toolbox is
loaded , SVMON is the utility to get more detailed analysis of resource
utilisation.

You can also register yourself in AIX user group on
LISTSERV AT PUCC.PRINCETON DOT EDU

Regards

Sachin Ganu
IBM Global Services ( India )